|Why Manulife's Group Retirement Income Plan?|
Manulife's Group Retirement Income Plan offers members these advantages:
- Convenient transfer of money from your group savings plan to the group retirement income plan you select*;
- No transfer fees;
- A broad selection of industry-leading investment options including market-based funds and guaranteed interest accounts in 1-5-year and 10-year terms;
- Competitive investment management fees (IMFs) and interest rates - group plans generally charge lower fees and offer higher interest rates than comparable individual products;
- Member Reward Program – lower investment management fees and higher interest rates based on the value of the accounts transferred; and
- Comprehensive service and support including secure Internet and telephone access, member statements, personal rates of return, and toll-free account and financial education support.
The Group Retirement Income Plan is available as a:
Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIF),
Life Income Fund (LIF),
Locked-In Retirement Income Fund (LRIF), and
Prescribed Retirement Income Fund (PRIF)
Manulife offers income options suitable for the range of registered savings members have.
* If you have money invested in Guaranteed Interest Accounts (GIAs) in your group savings plan, these will be transferred intact to the Group Retirement Income Plan. The interest rate(s) and maturity date(s) on your GIAs will remain the same and no penalty will apply.
Note: The minimum amount required to establish a new plan is $5,000.
See the Manulife Group Retirement Income Plan brochure for more details.
Ready to enrol? Learn how